Policies & Procedures
Piano lessons are one hour weekly plus a performance/theory class on the second Saturday of the month. We have regular recitals and participate in festivals each year. The salary per month is $295.00 for weekly hour lessons, and $260.00 for weekly half hour lessons (for ages 5-9 ). This includes the extra fifth lesson that happens in various months.
- Lessons are offered for 30 minutes (age 5-9), 45 minutes for older children and 60 minutes (children and adults)
- The Fall schedule begins September through December
- The Winter schedule begins January
- There will be performance/theory classes second Saturdays of the month
- The recitals will be in January and June. We will be posting events calendar soon. Please check back for updates.
- Returning students require a deposit to reserve their Fall lesson time
- Tuesdays 3:00pm – 7:00pm
- Thursdays 3:00pm – 7:00pm
- Fridays 3:00pm -7:00 pm
- Saturdays 11:00 am- 2:00 pm
Learning to play the piano requires a serious commitment to lessons and practicing. It is a means to acquiring self discipline, and this is the only way to good results. The amount of practice time depends on the individual, their particular learning skills, and how long their lesson time is. The one important factor is daily practice. Home environment should be conducive to a student’s success in this area. I reserve the right to dismiss any student for lack of progress due to poor practice habits and attitude. Parents will be notified if there begins to be a problem in order to try to rectify the situation. Learning to play is much more successful if ample progress is made. The student gains confidence and inspiration as their skills improve. If progress is stagnant, it only promotes disinterest in continuing and low self esteem.
Parents pay one sum equal to four lessons. The payment is due by the 10th of each month. Payments received after this date will incur a $20 late fee.
Payment can be made per trimester or per month and will be the same sum every pay period, regardless of an extra fifth lesson a month from time to time. This allows my salary to be spread more evenly throughout the year. I take a week off in December and April.
My fees are:
$260/month for 30 minutes (children 5-10)
$295/month for hour lessons
Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Late notice or no shows will result in loss of that lesson with no make up or refund. The extra 5th lesson can be used as a makeup lesson for missed time.